I'm trying to brain wash someone into giving me one of these. I'm pretty sure my marital happiness depends on it. Isabelle needs a Kitchenaid...Isabelle needs a Kitchenaid....Isabelle needs a Kitchenaid...
Is it working yet? Stop looking at me like that.
One of the reviews on that mixer: "Bought this for one of my coworkers because it was on her wedding registry. I have one for my self and have bought one for all of my kids (3). The KitchenAid Mixer is something that will last forever and every time Justin and Elizabeth use it, they will think of me."
Creepy much? People are weird.
So a couple of days ago Jesse moved into "our" "new" "apartment"*. Although obviously I don't get to live there for another 3 weeks (3 weeks!). Jesse was super excited and we are both enjoying not always being in my exceptionally craptastic apartment.
However, we both don't really know what to do with so much space. And actual furniture. And a working DVD player. And a kitchen, any kitchen. We haven't had a kitchen in...well, for me it's been about 2 years. So mostly we relegate ourselves to the couch in the corner and a ghetto secondhand coffee table that I got for $5. Also, we are slobs. But excited slobs!
In the moving process, I discovered that Jesse owns the following:
Two plates, two bowls, a singular cup, no silverware, one pan, a toaster, and one whisk.
I can contribute another bowl, no plates, a spoon and two forks, and a pot. End of list. So...we're probably going to need to buy some stuff. A couple fabulous people have already sent us stuff off our registry, which we're insanely grateful for. We're trying to wait to buy anything to see if we receive any of the things we need as gifts. It feels weird to have registries (the links to which are in the top right corner of this blog), it's like begging and asking for gifts at the same time, but I guess that's what you do when you get married. If left to our own devices, we might live with our current level of dishes forever, which would be sad. So if you want to help us in our quest to convince people we are real adults, feel free. You don't need to spend a lot of money. You could give us a single vegetable peeler and we'd be really excited (seriously).
Yay for our apartment! We are making process, slowly but surely. It's actually happening! I think. If this is a dream I will be SO mad, but impressed by the level of detail.
PS-21 days!
* "Our"=I don't live there yet, but will.
*"New"=newly renovated
*"Apartment"=basement living space in a house owned by my cousin that we are paying an excellently priced rent to temporarily live in.

No comments:
Post a Comment