Thursday, April 26, 2012

love and measuring spoons

Tonight was a wonderful bridal shower with several of my favorite people. These people are technically my coworkers. However, I'm not sure when we actually work, per se. Just kidding, we do, we just also chat during work, A LOT. So we're all reasonably close friends, since we spend more time with each other than we spend with any other humans. Seriously. We've been working together for 4 to 8 hours every day for almost a year now. We're most likely too close at this point, and you can tell because we get bored and start "harmonizing" tuneless tunes together or repeat a random word to each other in various accents for three minutes too long.

Anyways, so these friends of mine wanted to have a bridal shower for me. I'm not going to lie, I was a little worried about awkwardness. I mean, we all like each other, but we don't ever hang out after work. It's not because we're sick of each other or anything, but we just spend so much time together already that there isn't really a need, and there are other people we'd like to spend time with as well. However, seeing these folks in a social setting was a little new. And you know what? It was AWESOME. I requested it be kitchen-themed to avoid awkward (read:lingerie-related) crossed boundaries. Of course, my wishes were not respected by all, but I forgive you (Alisha). The gifts I received for our empty kitchen were generous and perfect. The food was wonderful. And mostly, I just felt so loved. I have always felt that my job is a great blessing. Although I don't get paid much, all other aspects of the job are better than I had ever hoped for. Mostly, I love my "coworkers," and they're some of my closest friends. I loved tonight.

The only sad bit is that Jesse is gone to Oregon to get my future car that I still can't drive, and won't have cell phone service until Sunday (he'll be back Sunday night). It's only been one night, and I miss him more than seems healthy. I guess this is how it's supposed to be, but I HATE being apart, it's just irritating to me. But he comes back in 3 days, so I guess I am probably being overly dramatic.

I still hate it, though...can't wait for Sunday.

PS--Umm, there are 9 days until I get married. Nbd.

No comments:

Post a Comment