Well, we've had some fun challenges lately. If by "fun" you mean "Isabelle crying a lot." My car's head gasket blew, which was epic and very financially painful. I spilled tea on my baby laptop and killed it. I failed a bunch of tests, because yes, I do that now. It wasn't a party, per se. Plus we just really want to get married, and although we're under 2 months away, it still seems like forever! This is going to be a good summer, though.
The weird thing is, although a bunch of painful stuff happened, it all worked out just fine. For some reason, Asus fixed my laptop for free. I have absolutely no idea why or how, but they did. We both got raises from our jobs. My lovely stepdad is letting me drive his truck, and I will have my own car as soon as I can learn to drive a stick shift, which may or may not occur in this lifetime. We got me an old MacBook pro, which I love, so we can get some money out of my big semi-broken laptop. [Point of clarification: I had a 'baby' laptop, which is 10", and a 'giant' laptop, which was 17. I hated the giant one, but can't work on the baby one. So MacBook Pro to the rescue!]
I have 3 appointments to look at apartments in the next 3 days, so cross your fingers, but if none of those work, we've got a whole slew of options.
I'm just feeling really, really blessed lately. Although things are hard, they're working out, and it's not by virtue of anything I'm doing. It helps to know you're doing the right thing, and have that confirmed day after day. I feel so very lucky to get to marry Jesse. Who else would play Monopoly Deal with me five times a day? (Literally. That thing is addictive. We've been playing it every day for almost 3 months now.) Who else would watch every episode of every season of The Office and 30 Rock four times? Who else would put up with how entirely freakish I am? Probably no one. So we need to hurry up and get married, before he changes his mind. ;)
I can't believe you guys are STILL playing Monopoly Deal! :)Mom Wright
ReplyDelete