Tuesday, March 20, 2012

i haz wedding dress.

On Saturday, I got my wedding dress! It was actually...the first dress I tried on. I tried on some other ones afterward, but they just didn't compare. It was really sort of odd.

I'm blonde and of course forgot to take a picture, but I will at the fitting. I'm relieved to have the whole thing over with, and very happy with my dress. I just frankly think wedding dresses take way too long to put on, although this one was no exception. It has a lace-up (corset) back, and so the tiny girl at the bridal store was trying to chat with me while she laced it up. I now understand why Kiera Knightly faints off a balcony in Pirates of the Caribbean. Those things are seriously a joke to breathe in. But oh, the things we do for beauty! Or something. Maybe women are just masochists, who knows.

Our invitations are also very nearly done, props to Christian, my uncle and graphic designer. I will send one to you, and you will see it. And you will be amazed! Probably nothing will shoot out of the envelope and into your eye, which was my original idea, but oh well. They're still pretty great.

I think that's it with the wedding stuff. We're pretty much done. 46 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment