I'm going to tell you some random things about our life in no particular order, and you're going to read it, and you're going to like it.
So, first off, we went on a really excellent vacation to San Diego. And Vegas. Here is some photographic proof.
We went to Vegas because Jesse had never been there before, and it's on the way to San Diego (my hometown and where half my family still lives), and we got a great deal on the Golden Nugget hotel (which is actually really nice, even though it was like $50). We had a good time, even though it was 10,000 degrees and my face looked like, well, you can see for yourself. We saw all the things and sweated and basically I think that as much Vegas as anyone needs, really.
We got to San Diego and hit the beach. Jesse is especially hot on a beach, even though he's whiter than...well, honestly, what I was going to say was "whiter than a white egg from Whiteville living in White Haven, Nebraska" but that just makes no sense. Anyways, the point is that he's hot, but I didn't really need to tell you that, because you can see from the picture. Aren't you glad you read this blog?
There we are at Ocean Beach. No, it did not clear up that day, welcome to the real ocean. Rude.
We ate some really great burritos at Lucha Libre. Seriously the best burrito I've ever had. I so wish they didn't have one single location in Mission Hills.
This is San Elijo. We liked it better than OB, despite all the seaweed, because as you can see, we had the place to ourselves!!
We even went in the water and my hair got all...unique like it does.
We also hung out with my awesome family and cousins, who I love and miss very much already. It was a fabulous vacation and I would like to be back on that beach at this very moment.
Instead, I am blogging because Jesse is playing basketball and what else do I have to do, really.
Oh, update on my job: I am now full time at Fold3 (which is owned by Ancestry.com, and technically who signs my paychecks, but I don't actually work in that office. I know, it's confusing, just don't worry about it)! Which includes benefits and everything. I don't work at Telos anymore, just scheduling conflicts didn't work out. I miss the boys and think about them all the time, but I'm happy to have a stable, full time job with health insurance and paid time off, etc. I don't get paid much, but hey, it's a job, and I have pretty excellent coworkers (speaking of which, we're hiring, go to ancestry.com/careers and say I referred you). I'm lucky to have one of the few and coveted full-time positions, so I feel good about it.
Anyways. Everything else is going well. Last Saturday we got Jesse's classroom all set up and books inventoried. I'm excited for him to start teaching! So is he, he is pretty sick of mowing lawns haha. Can't blame the guy. We are also excited to go to the cabin in a couple of weeks for our final summer vacation. We took a bit of time off this summer because this is kind of our last summer before we have to be real adults with real jobs and kids (someday, but don't get your hopes up!) and a mortgage, etc etc. I ended up with a real job a little earlier than expected (sort of) but luckily I have an awesome boss and they are still letting me go. :)
I'm loving married life, and summer, and the fact that my car has air conditioning, and our apartment has air conditioning. We are liking our new apartment, by the way. I try to do one thing to make it cleaner/better/homier at least once a week. Today I put away the laundry, and yesterday I cleaned the kitchen, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.
Seriously, though. My job is kinda boring, but it is FABULOUS to go home and just hang out with my husband for like six and a half hours. And not have to do homework or anything. I just make dinner and then we just get to hang out. It is making me never want to go to grad school, because I really like this life! I even have the energy to clean and decorate our apartment and DO THINGS. Amazing. I love my life and my husband and everything. Everything I tell you!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment