Tuesday, May 28, 2013

i am still a really bad blogger, even without school.

So! It's been like, two months. Whoops. Where did they go?? Many things have happened in the past two months, actually. Let's go through them in a fun list! Nothing is funner than lists, right? False. Disneyland.

But anyways.


  1. I successfully completed my undergraduate education. I didn't fail any of my finals, and I ended up with a GPA I have accepted. Most importantly, there is a real, live (ish) degree on its way to me right now on the wings of eagles. Just kidding, probably it's just in a smelly old USPS truck, but they really ought to send them on the wings of eagles, because wouldn't that be awesome? Or owls. Never mind about the eagles, owls would be way cooler. 
  2. We went on a great anniversary trip to Park City. We've been married over a year now, isn't that weird? Don't worry, the magic is still alive. Or, at least, as alive as it ever was...we were never the portraits of romance, that award goes to Fabio, but I can certainly say this has been the happiest year of my life, and I look forward to many much more happiness. It was just a silly little trip that we took, really, but I got some shoes out of it and we ate really awesome food and enjoyed not doing anything.
  3. We moved to a new apartment in the terrifying ghetto of SOUTH PROVO. Just kidding, it's really not a terrifying ghetto, just one time we knew these people who went on a mission to south Provo, and from the talk they gave, you'd have thought they went to inner city Detroit. It is not that ghetto. We actually live in a really nice and beautiful neighborhood. Our apartment is much smaller, crappier, hotter, and more expensive than our previous apartment, but we were horribly spoiled there. To think of the entitled folks we might have become! We have been humbled indeed. So far, our air conditioning doesn't work, which is a serious bummer. But if we can get that fixed, I think we will do just fine here. I like it well enough. Plus I got to buy a bright red table, and I'm making it cute. It gets a little cuter every day.
  4. I got that new job. I don't remember if I told you, but now I work for a residential treatment center about 20 minutes north of where we now reside. It's a good job and I really like it, I work with teenage boys 13-18. 12 of them, to be exact. They are good kids, but they have some social/academic/emotional problems and they are lucky enough to get treatment for it! Most of the time they are good and it's fun. Sometimes they are not so good, and it can be very exhausting. But I love those dang kids. Unfortunately, the night schedule I had just wasn't working for Jesse and I. We were getting hardly any time together and this is the time in our lives where we actually get to be together, just us, and I felt like I was wasting it. So as soon as they can replace me, I'm going to switch to just picking up one shift a week. It's called being on-call, but basically you just cover for people when they want to go on vacation or are ill or whatever. I've been working less hours at Ancestry, but I'm going back to 29 when the treatment center replaces me. So I think that will work out better for our family. :) But I still have anxiety about it, for some reason.
  5. We went on a really short memorial day trip to the cabin! It was fun, we got to see Jesse's family for the first time since Christmas and it was super nice to get away and just read and be out of cell phone and internet service. I loved it.
Phew. If you made it to the end of this, you must love me, and I really appreciate that, but unfortunately all I can offer you is twenty Stanley nickels. Still, you can pat yourself on the back. Go on, do it. Did you do it? Do you feel weird now?

Good. Now you know how I feel about 99% of the time. Socially weird.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a bloggy blog! I'm gonna start reading it now and I'm gonna post creepy things after each post. I liked imagining your degree flying into your hands from the talons of an owl. Thank you for planting that image in my head.

    ReplyDelete