For one, Jesse started actually teaching 8th and 9th graders at a junior high in Payson. His 8th grade classes are really terrible, and, as someone who helps grade their papers, I can assure you that I am extremely concerned for our future generations. But he says his 9th graders are a lot better. He is also coaching the girl's 9th grade basketball team, which he really likes and is kind of the best part of teaching (also, they pay him more, which I am a fan of generally). Right now they are just doing open gyms, but he's having fun with it.
Also, if you have an 8th grade child and that child chooses not to do any of their assignments (even just the ones they do entirely in class), or any of the extra credit that is offered, or go to class more than twice a week, you are not allowed to be upset that your kid is failing and/or blame the teacher. Deal? Deal.
I am just full-timin it at Fold3 (part of Ancestry.com). It's going pretty well. Mostly I love my coworkers, so it's a lot of fun sometimes.
Also, this girl came back form her mission!
Yeah, she's pretty cute. And single. And we are very excited to have her home.
As for October, it was Jesse's 25th birthday! I made him this cake:
I made it from scratch, with 3 layers and everything. It wasn't amazing, but hey, I learnd.
We also dressed up for Halloween for the first time since I was 14, I think.
I am a snow queen and Jesse is a russian.
I look more like I'm trying to be an angel in this one. It's the smile, I think. But I was actually a very scary and evil snow queen. Maybe.
And...well, I think that's pretty much it! I am getting super excited for thanksgiving and Christmas. We get to be here for Thanksgiving this year, and spend Christmas in Tillamook. I am very excited about both events.
Well...I think that's pretty much it. We are doing really well and loving life. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment