First, we tried to go swimming in the Provo River. Did you know that in summer, a lot of snow melts? Do you know what the Provo River is fed by? Snow runoff. Do you know the temperature of snow? -3225983. Okay, probably not, but it was really freaking cold. So we didn't swim. But it was pretty!
We had significantly more success swimming in the Great Salt Lake. This is Bridger Bay at Antelope Island.
It was awesome because the water is so salty, you float like a cork! Absolutely brilliant, and we both got very effectively sunburned. We had a great time, even though we had to immediately go home and shower because we were coated in salt. To the point that we were glittery, twilight-style, because the salt crystals enveloped each of our individual arm hairs.
It has been a fabulous summer. Actually, it's been the best summer of my whole life, and I went to Paris one summer, so that's saying something! School starts in just 6 days, and it's really sad to kiss goodbye our nightly movie routine.
But honestly, we're both excited because first off, it's our last year! Can you believe it? I can't. I always thought of school as the kind of thing that was just going to go on forever, but it doesn't. It ends. And we shall end it! Also, we're both REALLY sick of working full time at our very menial jobs. I seriously don't think I could do it that much longer. But it's bearable half-time, and even though I am certain we will hate school, it should be better than last year. We're married, so this time we don't have to try to "do homework" in my crappy living room while my roommate tries to watch Arachnophobia. Or study in the car. We have an apartment now. So that's a plus.
I've been sick the past week, thanks to being a human or whatever, but it's still been really great. I married pretty much the best guy in the world. I didn't even know it when I married him, either. I mean, I thought he was the bomb and all that, but the longer we're married, the more I realize I could not have married a better person. I'm so very, very lucky.







No comments:
Post a Comment