Friday, March 15, 2013

it's a mixed bag full of cats

Don't ask me about the title, I was trying to write about how it's a mixed bag of good and bad right now and I don't know how cats got involved, but they did. Anyways! News. So. It's been awhile. Here are some things that have happened.

The Good: It got warm again! I know how important it is to you that I tell you about the weather. So just so you know, it's been like mid-sixties the past couple of days. Amazing. Also, Jesse got an internship and will be teaching at Mt Nebo Middle School this coming school year. He's teaching history and more history, hurray! That's awesome. We also are coming up on a year of marriage. We're doing a weekend in Park City for our anniversary (awesome Groupon deal) in May. As far as news for me, I'm still alive. Which is generally considered to be positive for nearly everyone involved. 

The Bad: We have to move. :( Provo City has weird zoning ordinances and apparently the apartment in which we live is not considered legal. Really, this happened because someone in our ward is on the city council and reported us. I know, I know, the injustice! But what's done is done, and we have to move. We've looked at like 10 apartments already and haven't found anything great, but we're looking at 3 more tomorrow. We may end up moving to Springville or Santaquin, because it would be cheaper and nicer. I was really really sad at first, but I've kind of gotten over it. However, apartment searching is exhausting and I'm behind on my homework and really really really tired. 

I also didn't get in to BYU's master's program, but that's not really bad, because...

The Ugly: I am sooo sick of school. Six more weeks, though. And then I can have a break and just work! But...I need to find a second/better job. Not fun.

I really just want to find an apartment. That would get rid of a lot of stress I think. I'm not a good stress-handler, you know? It's sad. I think handling stress would be a really good thing to be talented at, but I am not. Anyways. Jesse and I still love being married, and I know everything will work out fine. I'm just excited for 6 weeks from now when I am graduated and in a new apartment that we hopefully don't hate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment