Wednesday, October 17, 2012

let the graduate school stress begin!

So, we're halfway through the semester and it's still going well, and...I've decided to try to go to graduate school. I'm applying for BYU's Marriage and Family Therapy program. I don't think there's a great chance I'll get in this year, but if I don't, I'll try again next year--after this and next semester's grades (which will hopefully be good, or at least better) are in.

I'm taking the GRE November 12th, I already have two of my recommendation letters, and the application deadline is December 1st. But I'm feeling good about it, I think I can do it. It seems like the right thing to do.

In other news, I accompanied Jesse to his family's cabin in Oregon for deer season for the first time last week. I'm pretty sure he killed Bambi's dad and it smelled awful. But otherwise it was good. It's been a little crazy since we got back last Sunday and have been trying to celebrate Jesse's 24th birthday (October 10th, write it down) and get caught up in school and clean our house (haha. Like that's ever going to happen).



I ended up getting Jesse The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy for his birthday, and we went out to dinner at Red Robin with some friends to celebrate. Not my best year for birthdays, but we had fun. Present-giving is one of my favorite things, but with trying to actually get good grades in school, a lot of what I normally like to do falls through the cracks. Still, it's not for forever. We'll make it.

 

We also were able to get crazy cheap tickets to the Killers concert this November. Woo hoo! We are pumped.

Being married is just the greatest. There is something to be said for no roommates, a really nice apartment, real dinner almost every night, and sleep, glorious sleep! I am still happier than I've ever been, and it just keeps getting better. So crazy.

2 comments:

  1. Isabelle, Yes, I am just now getting around to reading this. Please tell Jesse Happy Birthday. It made me so happy to hear that you are doing well. I enjoyed very much your blog. Well, except for the, loving not having roommates. I was wondering if you guys would go to the killers concert. It is absolutely "killing" me that I have to miss that. Sydnee is going too. GRRR.
    Welp just wanted say that I love ya and that the other day my Aunt kept saying the word email while telling me this story and every time she said email my brain would automatically translate it to oatmeal and I wanted so badly for you to be there to remenis in the memories with me.
    ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well you have to admit, some roommates are better than others! I love you guys, but having a whole apartment to ourselves is pretty dang nice. And I'm glad I've ruined your brain forever. Jesse hates email so I don't even get to use that very often.

    ReplyDelete