I'm so sorry I haven't posted for...oh wait, it's only been like two months. It feels like ages because so much has happened! Let me tell you about it.
You all already know this, but Jesse got a job! In La Grande, Oregon. He will be teaching Geography and US History to 10th and 11th graders and hopefully coaching basketball. We are very excited! La Grande was one of our top choices of places to live because we will only be an hour and a half from Jesse's family's beloved cabin in the woods, which is up in the Blue Mountains. Let me clarify that this is not a resort cabin. This is a real cabin, without electricity or plumbing or anything. It's basically camping, but you can have a roof and a real bed. It is Jesse's favorite place in the world, and La Grande is about the closest human habitation to it.
La Grande is also not absolutely tiny. You all think it is, because it has 13,000 people in it, but I assure you it is much larger than our other options. They have a Walmart, so I'm set.
Also, La Grande happens to be about 15-20 minutes from Cove, where Jesse's parents purchased property they intend to retire on in 3-4 years. There is a little house on the property, and we get to live in it! No, we don't get to live in it for free, because Jesse's parents are financially responsible and want to, you know, pay their mortgage. But still, it'll be our own little house! And we will have 20 acres or so of a backyard, which is more than I ever dreamed at this stage of life. I'll add some pictures I stole from Google Earth of the house later (as soon as I can figure out how to do that from the iPad).
We are super duper excited, though sad to be moving away from my family. But it's only an 8-hour drive, which is easily do-able, like, all the time. Right, family? Right?
I'm going to get a job...somewhere...and my master's at some point, and so is Jesse. And that's about as far as we have planned. But hurray!!
No comments:
Post a Comment