Tuesday, May 22, 2012

i win again


I got my Kitchenaid :) 

We've been married for a little over two weeks and it's going fantastically. I can honestly say that I didn't know what to expect of marriage when we got engaged. I have numerous married friends, whom I love dearly, but the thought of Jesse and I, married...let's just say I did not anticipate things working out this way. I'm so glad we took a giant leap of faith and just got married anyways, because it's loads better than I could have imagined. 

I was worried about sharing all the yucky, bathroom-related, and viewer-discretion-advised parts of life with another person. I mean, I love Jesse, but life isn't all sunshine and roses and I'm cripplingly self-conscious. Honestly, mostly I just got lucky. I know I can depend on Jesse 100%, always. If I couldn't, this would be a heck of a lot harder. But thanks to the fact that Jesse can skin a mule deer in under ten minutes, and our senses of humor, we've been able to take everything in stride. 

I've also really enjoyed cooking dinner, which was a nice surprise. In our beautiful kitchen, with all the beautiful tools I was given as gifts, cooking is fun and rewarding. Jesse is great about cleaning up, and will eat anything, which are two excellent qualities if you marry a twenty-one-year-old feminist. ;) 

Jesse gets along great with my family, and they love him, largely because of his sprinkler knowledge...just kidding. It's nice to watch them interact together so naturally, and it feels strange but awesome to know that know we are all a family, and it'll always be this way. I love the permanence that marriage in the temple brings. I love knowing I'll never be alone again, that I will have Jesse forever, no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment